Monday, November 9, 2009

So…my first official blog.

I have been wanting to to do this for quite awhile now but I don’t fancy myself much of a writer.  However I have heard that down the line I will be thankful that I can look back and retrace all the memories from my pregnancy and parenthood.  So…here it is…

On Friday, Sept. 11, 2009 I woke up at 5 am and took my first pregnancy test.  I was so excited when I saw the two pink stripes appear which indicates that I am pregnant.  I wanted to shout from the rooftop but my precious husband was still sleeping (and would be until I woke him shortly before I left for work.)  It was very hard, but I did not tell him the news.  I wanted to find a little gift to give him, like a #1 Dad item, or world’s best dad shirt, so I waited.  Well, about half way through the teaching day I felt very ill, fever, chills very sore throat.  I went to our school nurse and she told me I had a low grade fever and possibly strep throat.  So I left school early, went to the doc and sure enough I also had strep.  What a great way to start a pregnancy.   I wasn’t feeling very well so I decided just to see what kind of Daddy gifts I could find at Wal-Mart.  All I could find was an “I Love My Daddy” bib.  This wasn’t my first choice seeing as I wanted something David could wear or carry with him, but this would get the point across. (And no I didn’t make him wear it!)  So I wrapped that and the test in a little box and gave it to David when he came home.  He open it and asked, “Are we pregnant?!”  I politely said, “No, I’m pregnant and yes we’re having a baby!”  He was, I think shocked, but very excited.  He asked if I really had strep or was this a ploy.  No, I really had strep and let me tell you it was not fun, especially being a vocalist.

Well, also that weekend my parents (dad and Lisa – stepmom) went out of town, so David and I packed up some things and our dog and went to dog sit for a few days.  So I didn’t tell me parents until after they got home, almost a week later.  I made my dad a “World’s Best Grandpa” t-shirt and gave Lisa and my mom “I Love Grandma” bibs also.  I bought the bibs first because that’s all I could find and think of and when I couldn’t find a grandpa bib I decided to make something.  All of our parents we very excited, Lisa even screamed and jumped up and down.  It was kind of fun to see!!!  It took me awhile but I also finally got with all my sisters and brother, grandmas, and close girl friends and told them all the great news and everyone has been so excited and very supported.  I know this baby is going to have a wonderful extended family to love and to lean on.  The weekend after we told the family we decided to share the news with our Christian brothers and sisters at church.  Seeing reactions from people at church has been so much fun!  I know many of them have been waiting for probably a few years to hear this news.  :) I am so grateful to have such a wonderful group of Godly people around me.  I have my family, my great K-town girl friends whom I’ve been friends with since high school and some since middle school, and all of my friends from church many of whom I’ve known since I was in middle school, 15 years ago.  I love you all and sometimes can’t believe God has given me so much for so long. He is so gracious!

Well, here are a couple of belly shots.  The first is from almost 5 weeks (the day after I found out.)  And the second one is from 12 weeks.
100_9097

My face is kind of blurry here…sorry
100_9106














I think I had just finished lunch and might have been a little bloated.  :)
100_9107
By the way, I feel great most of the time.  I’m still tired but not as tired as I was in the first several weeks.  I am much more hungry and find myself eating and craving fresh fruit.  I love spicy things and fortunately have not had much if any heartburn.  There are only a few smells that really make me want to gag but they are smells that most people can’t stand to begin with like sticky bathrooms and sticky trash.  Other than that I feel like the same person except bigger and hungrier! :)
Love to you all!
Lindsey <><

0 comments: